US$563 MILLION INTEGRATED VILLAGE RESORT
Watch this Page for and Progress Reports
The intention is to undertake an integrated village resort development offering a wide choice of accommodation ranging from super luxury 5 star+ all-suite spa resort, condominiums, a mid market hotel, mid market family motel, budget motel down to a back packers lodge all supported with extensive underground parking and infrastructure. Complementing this is the establishment of an international airport gateway, residential, a shopping mall for retail and commercial, country club, 2 x 18 hole international championship golf courses, multi-purpose sporting stadium, marina complex, a specialist medical hospital and clinic, an integrated retirement facility, development and expansion of ski-fields, full supporting infrastructure including a village mono-rail transit system linking to a cable car system for a panoramic 15km direct trip to the ski-fields. On completion, the resort will be ISO 9001 and ISO 14000 compliant.
US$13 million Strategic Properties Acquisition
US$2 million Finalisation of Strategic Plan
Environmental Impact Engineers
US$20 million Village Infrastructure including:
Roads, curbs and channelling
Water & Sewerage
Garden of Remembrance
Church (non denominational)
Suspension Bridge with Bungy Jumping
Mono-Rail / Cable Car link
Airstrip capable of 747 capacity
US$171.3 million 536 Condominium Units including underground car parking consisting of:
280 x 2 Bedroom 120m2 Units (US$59.55
160 x 3 Bedroom 210m2 Units (US$56.1 million)
96 x 4 Bedroom 350m2 Penthouse Units (US$55.62 million)
US$72.88 million 750 Short Term Accommodation Units including underground parking consisting of:
1 x 150 Suite 5 Star+ All-Suite Hotel with Spa Centre
(US$ 23.86 million)
1 x 280 Suites & Rooms 4 Star Hotel (US$ 26.69 million)
1 x 80 Unit 3 Star Motel (US$ 7.88 million)
1 x 80 Unit 1 Star Budget Motel (US$ 4.69 million)
1 x 160 Room Back Packers' Lodge (US$ 4.24 million)
1 x Ecole Hotelier (The Tekapo School of Hotels) &
Secondary High School (US$ 5.54 million)
US$5.12 million Village Tavern including underground parking consisting of:
Drive Thru Bottle Shop
US$26.3 million Country Club including car parking consisting of:
2 x 18 Hole International Championship Golf Courses
2 x Club Houses, Bars and Restaurants
8 Squash Courts
6 Astro-Turf Day & Night Indoor/Outdoor Tennis Courts
Fitness Centre with Saunas, Spas and Massage
50m Indoor/Outdoor Heated Swimming Pool & Children's Wadding Pool
US$30 million Multi-Purpose Stadium including car parking consisting of:
Multi-Purpose Grand Stand
Equestrian Centre with
Horse Race Track
Harness Race Track
International Athletics Track
International Racing Car Speed Way
Driving School and Circuit
US$3.45 million Light Industrial Centre consisting of:
Concrete Batching Plant
Motor Pool & Workshop
Laundry / Dry Cleaner
US$15.1 million Village Mall including underground parking consisting of:
Department & Electrical
US$11.59 million Entertainment Complex including underground parking consisting of:
Indoor Auditorium/Ice Skating
US$3.46 million Service Stations including parking consisting:
Shell with International branded Take-away Food
BP with International branded Take-away Food
Club House and Licensed Restaurant
Dock with 10 berths
50 berths Dry Stack
US$11 million Integrated Retirement/Activity Village including underground parking consisting:
60 x 2 Bedroom 100m2 Units
US$26.52 million Premier Luxury Residential Housing including underground car parking consisting of:
40 x 4/5 Bedroom Residences of 420m2
US$21.78 million Staff Quarters 400 including underground car parking
US$13.67 million Expansion of The Two Thumbs Range Ski Field
US$22.67 million Alpine Theme Park
US$48.94 million Contingency Fund
The list could fill a volume the size of "Gone with the Wind" so to avoid further prolonged dissertation, a summary of highlighted points only is detailed:
* All the usual positive tourism selling features and more!
* Closest convenient over-night point to
* Half way between Queenstown (NZ's current premier destination) and
* Enjoys one of the sunniest and driest climates in
* Because of the exchange rates to the NZ$, it is most favourable for international tourism.
* Located in one of the world's least crowded countries.
* Located in a country which is revered for peace, political stability, economic stability, no threats and a warm, welcoming hospitable population.
* Offers the opportunity to combine adventure, excitement, adrenalin, amazement and outdoor activity set against a backdrop of breath-taking natural beauty.
* Great food and wine.
* No inoculations required.
* It is one of the few destinations in the country that faces North/South so enjoys excellent sun in winter (as well as good feng shui).
* Zero pollution.
* Winter days exceptionally still and crystal clear.
* Incredibly clear starry nights, and brilliant sunny days.
* Awesome pristine scenery with remarkable turquoise blue lakes, valleys of emerald green, snow capped mountains and glaciers all add to vistas that are truly breathtaking.
* One of the few destinations which can enjoy two high seasons - Summer aquatic centred and Winter alpine centred. This means that there should be ten months of the year at peak capacity with the two low months allowing venue changes for the oncoming season.
* Topography offers an exceptional and endless range of pursuits which really is only limited by the imagination and financial resources available.
* Because of its elevation, it boasts the highest golf club, and on construction, race courses in
* With the existing businesses, which will be part of the acquisition for development, it has the unique advantage of having a "cash generator" in-situ during construction.
* Most visitors believe that
Useful links to sites with relevant area information
are Guest number:
FastCounter by LinkExchange